Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure

An experienced, aged Pokémon-based forum focused primarily on forum games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

Game Points : 6850

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] Empty
PostSubject: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:01 am

The purpose of this test battle is:

• To show new members how battles work and the flow of battles.
  • To display to budding referees an idea of the layout.
  • To display different ways of presenting information in a battle.

Each round may have a differing style of refereeing, so watch out for that. There will be other refs who post rounds here, and their style will not mirror mine!

Last edited by my law skillz r userless on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://adventurepokemonrpg.darkbb.com
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

For fun, let's go for a Shauntal vs Grimsley battle.

Shauntal: I'll send out Cofagrigus [F]! Use Will-o-Wisp to burn the enemy, then use Toxic to add poison to the pain and finish up with a Calm Mind!
Will-o-Wisp ~ Toxic ~ Calm Mind

Grimsley: I'll send in Houndoom [M]. The burn won't work on you, so feel free to set up a Nasty Plot. Throw up a Protect against that Toxic and Snatch Calm Mind.
Nasty Plot ~ Protect ~ Snatch
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Round 1

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 077
Shauntal
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563
Cofagrigus | F
HP: 100
PP: 100
Will-O-Wisp ~ Toxic ~ Calm Mind
Shauntal won't lose!

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 079
Grimsley
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229
Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 100
Nasty Plot ~ Protect ~ Snatch
That stupid coffin has nothing on me.

Without doubt, Houndoom outspeeds Cofagrigus. While the floating coffin watches on, Houndoom closes its eyes and thinks of nasty things, its mouth stretching into a malicious grin. Cofagrigus, somewhat frightened by Houndoom's expression, spits out a blob of fire that simply hits Houndoom and slides down its fire-resistant coat. Cofagrigus winces, startled.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -3 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -3 PP

Cofagrigus begins to produce toxic slime in its mouth, and as it readies itself to spit, Houndoom conjures a blue-green barrier that the toxic lands on, but both fade away. Cofagrigus resists the urge to cry as Houndoom grins.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -6 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -8 PP

As Cofagrigus begins to settle its mind and attempting to calm itself, coating itself in a shining pink energy, Houndoom leaps forward and snatches the energy from Cofagrigus, taking the energy and bathing himself in it. The coffin Pokémon is rather distressed and certainly not happy with how that round went down.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -6 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -6 PP

Cofagrigus | F
PP: 85
I'm not going to let that stupid Houndoom win! Never!

Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 83
What a pushover...

Last edited by my law skillz r userless on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 am

Grimsley: Lead with an Odor Sleuth so you can hit that coffin, then go for a double Dark Pulse. If they use Protect, use Howl. We have a lot of physical moves, so a Howl wouldn't hurt much.
Odour Sleuth/Howl ~ Dark Pulse/Howl ~ Dark Pulse/Howl

Shauntal: Use Fake Tears and make that Houndoom feel sorry for you! Use Protect, then use Psych Up!
Fake Tears ~ Protect ~ Psych Up
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 am

Round 2

Cofagrigus | F
PP: 85
Fake Tears ~ Protect ~ Psych Up
I'm not going to let that stupid Houndoom win! Never!

Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 83
Odour Sleuth/Howl ~ Dark Pulse/Howl ~ Dark Pulse/Howl
What a pushover...

The inside of Houndoom's mouth began to glow white, and its head began to become surrounded with white static. He fired it at Cofagrigus, who was quite startled, and her body seemed to completely solidify, making her capable of taking physical hits. Cofagrigus, seemingly upset, began to cry and Houndoom began to feel sorry for her, taking a few steps forward and cautiously nuzzling the side of her coffin.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -3 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -3 PP

Cofagrigus held up her hands and formed a blue-green barrier in front of her, and watched as her barrier was rendered pointless as Houndoom let out a great battle cry and howled. Cofagrigus let the barrier fade and felt rather silly, but she knew from her next order that it was all quite within reason.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -7 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -2 PP

Houndoom closed its eyes, a great aura of darkness shooting out from its body and slamming into Cofagrigus. Her body convulsed a few times and she scowled. She had had it with this Houndoom, always thinking he was better than her! She began to summon a clone of Houndoom, and she merged the transparent being with herself, feeling all his status changes affect her. She grinned at Houndoom, who simply grinned back with equal smugness.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -7 PP, -14 HP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -8 PP

Cofagrigus | F
HP: 86
PP: 68
How can he stay smug when he knows I'm getting equal?

Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 70
She's making a comeback; perhaps this will be some fun after all.
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Shauntal: Use Haze to get rid of Houndoom's status boosts, then use Toxic and Shadow Ball!
Haze ~ Toxic ~ Shadow Ball

Grimsley: Use Protect against the haze, then follow up with two Dark Pulses.
Protect ~ Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Round 3

Cofagrigus | F
HP: 86
PP: 68
Haze ~ Toxic ~ Shadow Ball
How can he stay smug when he knows I'm getting equal?

Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 70
Protect ~ Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse
She's making a comeback; perhaps this will be some fun after all.

Houndoom sighed, looking up and forming a pale green barrier in front of himself. Thick black smoke began to puff out of Cofagrigus's mouth, and Houndoom bounded backwards and leaped right over the smoke, the barrier helping it to avoid the smoke. Houndoom landed, a little more exhausted than he normally would've been.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -4 PP Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -9 PP

Houndoom lifted its head and opened its mouth, and shot out a beam of odd purple circles. Cofagrigus darted to avoid it but was simply too slow and the beam hit it, hard. Cofagrigus flinched, useless.

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -12 HPTest Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -6 PP

Houndoom, pleased with its last result, reared its head again and shot out that oh-so-familiar beam and Cofagrigus, just recovering from the flinch, was hit head-on. This time, she didn't fall so hard and put her hands together, forming a screaming ball of violet energy surrounded by black static. She threw it at Houndoom, who took the hit but seemed to feel little pain.
Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 563 -12 HP, -5 PPTest Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] 229 -5 HP, -6 PP

Cofagrigus | F
HP: 62
PP: 59
Ow... it hurts!

Houndoom | M
HP:
PP: 49
This is like fighting a baby.

For aspiring referees: There are mistakes with the damage calculation in this round. Try and spot the mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]   Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test Battle [budding referees & new members should read!]
Page 1 of 1