Adventure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure

An experienced, aged Pokémon-based forum focused primarily on forum games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

Game Points : 6831

Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information] Empty
PostSubject: Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]   Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 am

Starting Out

Welcome to the Rune Battling world! We're glad you've taken an interest. Here we will explain the concept of "Rune Battling" and you can get your first deck of cards as well as some money to start you off.

"Rune Battling" is a sport of sorts, where two people battle with weapons and magic. The battles take place inside a holographic arena, and all weapons are holographic and do not cause pain upon impact. The rules can be different for each battle, such as the number of cards allowed in a deck (minimum 3 and maximum 8), the arena and even how the life points are sorted (there are only two types: Solid and Variable).

The battle starts with both players "declaring" their weapon card. In cases of indecision over who declares first, it defaults to a coin flip. The one who declared second selects the arena, and then they battle.

"Solid" life point sorting is where every hit detracts 1 (or a half in some cases) Life Point, and fatal hits decrease Life Points by 2. "Variable" life point sorting is a little more complicated, where power levels come into play and the life points are from 100-500.

There are three types of card: Weapon, Magic and Spell. Weapon cards are simply the weapon you use. Magic Cards can be activated once per battle and last for 30 seconds, during which you can use magic corresponding to the "element" of the area - e.g., lightning, earth, etc. Any element is possible as long as it is logical, and you can perform any kind of magic as long as it is logical to the element. Spell Cards are just other cards that have different effects in battle, and declaration time depends on the effect.

Finally, the last part of gameplay is "characters". You play as a character, not yourself. The character has various stats which affect how they perform in battle. Your stats can be raised at the end of battle depending on how well you performed in that area. For example, if your gymnastic ability was very low, you wouldn't manage a backflip onto a pillar a metre away. You can always have the character you registered as, but if you want to try different strategies, you can buy a character card and play as that character. At the start of a battle, you must declare your character's stats.
Back to top Go down
https://adventurepokemonrpg.darkbb.com
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]   Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:43 am

Starting Decks

We have the following weapon cards-
Vorpal Sword
Power: 16 Speed: 3 Accuracy: 5
Type: Quick fencing sword

Colada, the Sword of El Cid
Element: Lightning/fire (gives power-up in lightning and fire arenas)
Power: 18 Speed: 1 Accuracy: 3
Type: Broadsword

Gandiva
Element: Earth
Power: 14 Speed: 5 Accuracy: 3 (varies)
Type: Bow

Spear of Destiny
Power: 16 Speed: 2 Accuracy: 2
Type: Polearm

Mjolnir, the Hammer of Thor
Element: Lightning
Power: 19 Speed: -1 Accuracy: 3
Type: Hammer

Death's Scythe
Element: Darkness/Death
Power: 18 Speed: 3 Accuracy: 4
Type: Scythe

Swift
Element: Lightning
Power: 13 Speed: 6 Accuracy: 5
Type: Dual daggers

This is a form you MUST fill out for your character. Rate each from 1-10, 10 being the best and 1 the worst. Please, no overpowered characters.
Name:
Accuracy:
Gymnastics:
Speed:
Jump:
Clothing:

Here are the available pre-made decks. Select one to start with.

Power Deck:
Magic Card
Spell: Ninja (provides the character invisibility until their next attack)
Spell: Fire Flower (throw a Fire-element grenade)
Spell: Barrage (increases the speed of your attacks)

Speed Deck:
Magic Card
Spell: Barrage (increases the speed of your attacks)
Spell: Lightning God (imbues your weapon with lightning and increases your speed)

Magic Deck (for sustaining magic):
Magic Card
Spell: Sustainability (increases magic time to 45 seconds)
Spell: Element Wheel (changes the element of magic to a random element)
Spell: Colour Wheel (changes the element of the arena)

Mixed Deck:
Magic Card
Spell: Leap (increases jump height)
Spell: Grenade Master (declare at the start of the battle. During the battle, grenades will randomly be thrown at your opponent)

So, are you ready to begin?
Back to top Go down
my law skillz r userless
Admin
my law skillz r userless

PostSubject: Re: Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]   Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:07 am

I'll sign myself up here.

Name: Elysia
Power: 5
Accuracy: 6
Gymnastics: 7
Speed: 9
Jump: 6
Clothing: Usually wears quite light and flexible clothing, with quite flexible jeans.

I'll take a Speed deck and Swift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]   Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheren's Stall [Starting Out & General Information]
Page 1 of 1